Submissions are now closed.
On behalf of the VCCC Research Conference committee, you are invited to submit your abstract for consideration as a poster presentation at the VCCC Research Conference 2019. The conference will showcase emerging and high-potential research directions in a special two-day program.
The committee will select submissions that complement invited presentations to form a balanced program that we hope will engage all those working in cancer research. Outstanding abstracts may be considered for an oral presentation.
All are encouraged to submit however the committee encourages early career researchers (ECRs) from a wide range of disciplines in cancer research in care. The abstract submission process is designed to encourage ECRs to progress their research and writing; build an intellectual community; and obtain feedback on their work by experienced practitioners in the field of cancer research.
Conference Dates: 16-17 September 2019
- Precision oncology
- Prevention and eradication
- Supportive care and survivorship
- Empowering the consumer
- Novel approaches to treatment
Please read the Abstract submission guidelines and instructions PDF on how to use the online abstract submission system to register your details, submit, edit or withdraw an abstract for the VCCC Research Conference 2019.
The submitting author must ensure that all co- authors have read and approved the title, abstract, author names and ‘affiliations’. The submitting author must ensure at least one author will register by Tuesday 16 July 2019 to attend the conference to present this paper if accepted.
Only online submissions via the portal will be accepted.
Abstract Submission Selection Criteria
The committee will be looking for submissions that:
- are relevant to the theme of the conference – The Next Wave in Cancer Research
- are relevant to current issues and challenges affecting cancer research
- have new content, or a fresh look at a perennial topic
- are underpinned by sound pedagogical/methodological principles (as appropriate)
- are engaging and relevant to an audience of those working in cancer research.
Abstract Submission Content Guidelines
- Poster – Poster presentations will be available to view during meal breaks and during a special session on Monday 16 September from 5.30-6.30pm.
- Oral – Outstanding abstracts may be considered for an oral presentation.
30 words maximum, written in sentence case.
300 words maximum, written in sentence case.
We recommend you structure your abstract using the following headings:
Abstract authors and speakers
Include a headshot photo and biography (for each author/speaker) with a maximum of 300 words per author.
For any queries on submitting your abstract please contact our conference organiser’s:
Think Business Events
Unit 17, 3 Westside Avenue
Port Melbourne VIC 3207
T: +61 (0)3 9417 1350
Read, discover and understand progress, achievements and outcomes of cancer research, education and clinical care delivered by the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, our alliance members, supporters and partners.
Express Your Interest
Fill in the expression of interest form to be kept up to date with information on Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre Research Conference 2019
Official Conference Hashtag #VCCCcon19
Tag your Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, and Facebook photos with #VCCCcon19