Please join us as we tackle the big questions at Australia’s premier comprehensive cancer conference.
Your ticket will include access to our special three-course networking dinner hosted by Brian Nankervis and featuring Olivia Newton-John OBE, AC in conversation Professor Jonathan Cebon, as they discuss the importance of collaboration to win over cancer.
If you work or study in the cancer sector you won’t want to miss this event!
#VCCCcon19 is a premier calendar event for Australia’s cancer workforce and will bring together some of the best minds, biggest ideas and latest research in a dynamic and thought-provoking conference. The conference will be showcasing all the strengths of the VCCC in a holistic way and bringing an international perspective to what we are doing here in Melbourne.
We will be looking at cancer across the spectrum from nursing to palliative care, basic research, clinical trials and patient support. There will be a focus on the fundamental science but also how that relates to the clinical space, as well as population health, government engagement and policy-making. It is connectivity and network development on large-scale.
Hosted at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins, the two-day event will touch on hot topics and showcase emerging and high-potential research directions on a broad range of disciplinary key areas with a deep dive into:
#VCCCcon19 will showcase emerging and high-potential research directions that touch on a broad range of topics with a multi-disciplinary deep dive into key areas including:
- Cancer prevention
- Next wave technology
- Supportive care and survivorship
- Empowering the consumer
- New wave approaches to treatment
We are thrilled to announce a stellar line up of 50+ international and national speakers:
- Olivia Newton-John OBE AC, founding champion of the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre
- Professor Doug Hanahan, internationally-renowned biologist, professor and director of the Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne and co-author of the seminal paper The Hallmarks of Cancer
- Professor Sanchia Aranda AM, expert in cancer control and CEO, Cancer Council Australia
- Dr Bertalan Mesko, self-proclaimed “geek” physician, The Medical Futurist and Director of The Medical Futurist Institute, France
- Professor Suzanne Garland, expert in HPV research, adviser to the World Health Organisation and Director of the Women’s Centre for Infectious Diseases, The Royal Women’s Hospital
- Professor Steve Baylin, co-Chief of the Cancer Biology Program of The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins and the Virginia and D.K. Ludwig Chair in Cancer Research
- Professor Afaf Girgis AM, behavioural scientist and expert in psycho-oncology, University of New South Wales
- Professor Thomas Merchant, radiation oncologist and expert in the treatment of childhood cancers, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, USA
- Professor Helen Heslop, physician scientist, Professor of Medicine and Paediatrics and the Director of the Center for Cell and Gene Therapy at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Methodist Hospital and Texas Children’s Hospital, as well as Associate Director for Clinical Research at the Dan L Duncan Cancer Comprehensive Center
- and many more…
As the leading bio-medical city in the southern hemisphere Melbourne is uniquely placed to host a cancer conference of this calibre. It will be a showcase of the research strengths of VCCC member organisations and other leading cancer research and care institutions from Australia and overseas. If you are a cancer researcher, clinician, nurse, allied health professional, educator or consumer advocate, or have an interest in cutting edge cancer research, this is a not-to-be-missed opportunity.
We look forward to welcoming you.