- Are Victoria’s excellent outcomes for cancer patients a result of good luck or good management?
- What’s on the next wave of immunotherapy research?
- How are the hallmarks of cancer shaping cancer treatment now?
- How can new digital and AI technologies be used to empower patients?
These are just some of the big questions our line-up of national and international speakers will be tackling at the VCCC Research Conference 2019.
#VCCCcon19 will showcase emerging and high-potential research directions that touch on a broad range of topics with a multi-disciplinary deep dive into key areas including:
- Cancer prevention and eradication
- Precision oncology
- Next wave technology
- Supportive care, wellness and survivorship
- Empowering the consumer
- Novel treatments
Hosted at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, the two-day event will feature a stellar line up of international and national speakers. We are thrilled to announce some of our confirmed speakers:
- Olivia Newton-John AC, OBE , Founding Champion of the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre
- Professor Doug Hanahan, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Professor Sanchia Aranda AM, Cancer Council Australia
- Professor Steve Baylin, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- Professor Andrea Maier, The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Professor Thomas Merchant, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, USA
- Professor Afaf Girgis, University of New South Wales
- Professor Sean Grimmond, University of Melbourne
- Professor Sherene Loi, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
As the leading bio-medical city in the southern hemisphere Melbourne is uniquely placed to host a cancer conference of this calibre. It will be a showcase of the research strengths of VCCC member organisations and other leading cancer research and care institutions from Australia and overseas. If you are a cancer researcher, clinician, nurse, allied health professional, educator or consumer advocate, or have an interest in cutting edge cancer research, this is a not-to-be-missed opportunity.
We look forward to welcoming you.